Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Index: Google Search Trends

Good news and bad news.

First the bad news: It turns out that Search Engine Buzz has so far been pretty slow and the "hits" data doesn't get updated very quickly. After two days, no movement. Check that. Just saw some movement tonight so we'll see in the morning. So yeah, I'll keep tracking it and  that metric may come around, but I think I've found something better.

Which is my good news -- it looks like Google provides trend data on their searches! Awesome.. What a cool way to measure buzz that's probably more accurate than the "hits" metric.

Here what it looks like on -- say.. Brad Pitt. 



Remember my bet that his HSX value would go up? Looks like his search hits trended up as well ? Check out the "movement" on his retirement announce.. cool, eh? This shows that searches on Google jumped from 1.02 to 1.62 -- 58% between 11/13 and 11/14. Ha! 

Yeah baby.. welcome to Betsville.


No comments:

Post a Comment