Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BET: 11/16 -- How Much Ricky Gervias Is Enough Ricky Gervais?


I found myself making the comment today that I liked the US version of The Office better than the UK version because there is a finite amount -- a quite modest finite amount -- of Ricky Gervais that my nervous system can tolerate happily. Cringing for an hour straight gives me cramps.

The announcement that Ricky is going to do the Golden Globes again -- round three, ding ding -- this January I think actually proves my point. Think: small doses, like this top-ten list of some of last year's jokes, where I think he works. Movies? Two-hour comedy specials? Exhausting.

Well, let's see what the piece of news does to the interwebs. I think the buzz will be modest on such an announcement, with the Google Search Trends Index sticking pretty close to home -- no more than 5% uptick at any time before the end of the weekend. Whaddaya think? Looks like good old RGERV is tanking at the HSX, btw..

Shelby says: Google stays quiet on the news Ricky Gervais is hosting the Golden Globes -- less than 5% bump in the GST at any point before 11/20 EOD.
You say: Remember, even bad news counts as buzz.. It's gonna be more than that..
Stakes: 1 Brag ($B)
Close: 11/18
Data of Record: 30-day Google Search Trends (relative scale)

No comments:

Post a Comment