Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Mania 2012!!!



Shelby asked me to guest blog: Apparently when you want to know who will win the Oscars, you ask DeAngelo. You don't think I'm right? What do you think I just did to this basketball?

Yes, each bet in this little Oscars game is worth a different number of "brags" and most brags wins the Vickers Trophy Of Awesomeness, a prize coveted throughout the land.

Four o'clock PST on ABC. Be there!

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME ANOTHER GAME LINK HERE

Best Picture
The Artist will win just because its all emotional and topically something the Academy eats up.. Blech. Moneyball should really be the winner. No, scratch that, Melancholia should really be the winner, but it didn't even get nominated.

Best Director
The only reason to give it to Malick would be to encourage him to make more movies. Scorcese and Woody have enough in the bag already. No, the Academy wants someone new.. Michel Hazanavicius!

Best Actor
Dog fight between Brad and his buddy George. I say George wins it this year. His movie was sadder. Of course, Gary Oldman *should* win it, but fat chance there.

Best Actress
The Academy is so predictable, Viola Davis. Meryl Streep has too much hardware already and the others all pretty "meh".

Best Supporting Actor
I don't care what my spidey-sense says, it must be Max. I will have no others.

Best Supporting Actress
Octavia Spencer -- The Help is killing me. But I don't really have any better ideas.

Best Original Screenplay
Midnight in Paris, of course. Such a sweet little movie. It fits nicely inside an Acadmey-person's brain.

Best Adapted Screenplay
Will probably be Moneyball, just because the Acadmy will want to even things out with the George pick from earlier and not have Brad -- who doesn't have a screenwriting credit but every knows it's HIS movie -- be grumpy. Of course all of this ignores the fact that this Oscar should go to the guys who did Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Best Foreign Film
You don't have to see any of these stupid movies to pick. On the "those poor people in Iran" and "I hope we don't bomb Iran" bandwagon what do we have? Ah! A Separation! I wish we were planning to bomb Denmark so Melancholia would have had a shot.

Best Documentary Feature
I say Undefeated. The Wiensteins need a break, why not documentary. And this one will pluck those Academy heartstrings.

OK, that's how it will unfold. I'm not even going to check back because this is exactly what will happen and there will be no need for comment.





No comments:

Post a Comment