Monday, November 14, 2011

Index: Hollywood Stock Exchange

One of my favorite ways to measure the value of a movie or a movie star is with the Hollywood Stock Exchange. This is a faux stock exchange that you play with the HSX made-up currency, where you buy and sell confidence and "futures" in Hollywood properties. Cool, eh? Celebrity as commodity.

I've played the game on and off for a while, and I'm really not enough of a nerd to get much enjoyment out of it by myself, but I've always wanted to make bets with my friends about what makes a movie stock go up or down. Or what makes a movie star more or less "bankable".

So the HSX StarBonds and MovieStocks are going to be one of the metrics that I'm going to use to track the value of things. 

HSX "points" in the leaderboard will refer to the % of movement in this virtual stock over a period of time, and I'll keep track of a start price in my initial posts and bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment