Monday, November 14, 2011

Fameology Betting Ground Rules



One of my magical abilities is the gift of predicting the attention-holding trajectories of the famous and famesque. Think of this site as me sharing that gift with the vasty interwebs.

I plan to post bets about the impact of celebrity shenanigans on fame-detectors that I can measure. You can see how well I do on my predictions and you can bet against me and win stuff if you beat me. Or you can just marvel at my general rightness.

I'll post 10 bets about celebrities every week, one at a time -- probably a couple a day. You can choose to take me on in one of my bets each week before the Thursday night deadline. If you've already picked a bet and you see me post a new bet that you like better you can switch, as long as you do it before the Thursday deadline. 

I will run a version of my Celebrity Trajectories betting game -- hosted by b3TZ -- every season. We're in Fall 2011 right now and the first game will really kick off in earnest in Winter 2012.

There will be prizes of some sort for the winners in a couple categories:

1) I'll give anyone $20 (yes, I'll mail it to you by snail mail!) to anyone who can beat me for 3 consecutive weeks. Good luck with that.

2) Weekly winners will collect "Fame Star" badges, and..

3) Whoever gets the most "Fame Stars" for a season will win the "Fameho" trophy and I'll write a blog post about them in a style and manner of their choosing.

The betting and the prizes will kick off in the Winter 2012 season but b3tz may come online before that and I may offer some short term prizes as we're kicking off. More on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment